PhonePe App is a BHIM UPI based app and a digital wallet for financial transactions in India. The app works over the UPI (Unified Payments Interface) platform designed by NPCI (National Payment Corporation of India), Government of India. With PhonePe app, users can do several financial transactions, including UPI payments, recharges, money transfer, online bill payments, and a lot more. Online payments through PhonePe are safe and fast, way easier than internet banking.
With PhonePe app, you don’t need to remember account number, IFSC codes and other inconvenient details for monetary transactions; use a mobile number or a unique payment identity – your virtual payment address (VPA) for instant bank transfers. Unlike other payment wallets, payments through PhonePe app are hassle-free, secure and made directly from your bank account 24X7. Your money is always transferred in your bank, not locked in a wallet.
Why choose the PhonePe App?
- Free of cost- transactions through the PhonePe app are free of cost
- Offers one-click payment at any of its merchant partner locations
- With the PhonePe app, you can make up to Rs. 1 lakh transaction at once, 24X7
- Get instant cashback into your PhonePe wallet from partner merchants
- You can redeem the cashback for mobile recharge, bill payments, or even for merchant payments where PhonePe is integrated as a payment option
- PhonePe app supports multiple languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, Gujrati, Kannada, Marathi, Telugu, Malayalam, Assamese, and Odia
- Multiple payment modes- it offers a seamless payment experience through multiple payment modes, such as BHIM UPI enabled bank account, PhonePe wallet, Debit and Credit Cards
- One app for multiple transactions- with PhonePe app, you can send and request money, recharge mobile and DTH, and pay utility bills, insurance bill, and insurance premium
- A streamlined payment system to reduce technical issues
- There are some alternatives to Phonepe like Google Pay, BharatPe
How does PhonePe App work?
Android users can download PhonePe app from Google Play Store and iOS users can download it from the Apple App Store.
How to Register at PhonePe
Take the following steps:
- Download the app
- Allow SMS-based mobile verification and click on ‘Let’s Get Started’
- Provide your name, mobile number, email ID and password
- Click ‘Create New VPA’ to choose a VPA
How to pay by PhonePe App
Making payments using PhonePe app is very simple and fast. Here is a step-by-step guide to making payments through PhonePe.
Step 1: Click on ‘Pay by PhonePe’ from the listed options
Step 2: Log in to your PhonePe account with your login credentials such as registered mobile number and 4-digit password
Step 3: Choose the bank account from which you want to pay (Link the bank account if you have not linked)
Step 4: Type your UPI number to complete the transaction
Things you can use the PhonePe app for
Here is the list of things you can use PhonePe app for:
- Send, request and receive money from your contacts
- Recharge prepaid mobile numbers/ Datacard/ DTH connections from multiple operators across the country
- Pay postpaid bills of mobile numbers/ landline numbers/ data card from major operators across the country
- Pay utility bills such as electricity, water and gas bills
- Manage your bank accounts, check your balance and save beneficiaries
- Avail cashback offers from multiple merchants
- Split bills with your friends, siblings and relatives
- Shop online on a number of shopping websites such as Flipkart, Myntra, Jabong
In addition, you can use PhonePe to pay for Redbus tickets, book Ola rides, order foods from multiple restaurant aggregators, and get Goibibo Flight and Hotel services through micro-apps on its platform.
100,000,000+ users have downloaded PhonePe app. Payments through PhonePe are accepted across 5 million online and offline outlets including food, grocery, movie ticket, apparel etc. it crossed 2 billion transactions in April 2019.
Banks currently on UPI: Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda (BOB), State Bank of India (SBI), Punjab National Bank (PNB), HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, Bank of India, Canara Bank, Catholic Syrian Bank, Central Bank of India, Citibank, City Union Bank, Corporation Bank, DCB Bank, Dena Bank, Federal Bank, HSBC Bank, IDBI Bank, IDFC Bank, IndusInd Bank, Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Karur Vyasa Bank, Karnataka Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Laxmi Vilas Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab and Sindh Bank, Ratnakar Bank (RBL), South Indian Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, TJSB Sahakari Bank, UCO Bank, United Bank of India, Union Bank of India, Vijaya Bank, and YES Bank (PhonePe’ UPI sponsor).
PhonePe App Reviews
READ MORE POSTS:
- KreditBee Personal loan App
- CASHe Personal loan App review
- SmartCoin Personal loan App
- RupeeMax Personal loan app
- How to download EPF mobile app
- U Mobile app Review
- MoneyTap Personal loan app
- Top 10 personal loan apps
- LoanTap App
- Money View App
- Yelo App
- Cashbean App
- Mecoo App
- Bada Business App
- LoanFront app
- Vmate app
- Bajaj Finserv App